About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

To get to you...

17 years ago...


I love the story of how you came to be on this earth. Your father and I first met when we were only in the 3rd grade. It might even have been sooner than that because he and I also lived across the street from one another, but my memory only goes back to third grade. I remember him very clearly though, because to me he was the little boy who used to chase me home from school. He wasn't what you would call a gentleman at the age of 8, being that he once spit on me and pulled me through the dirt on my back while holding onto my backpack handle. As crazy as it may sound, those are the memories that I cherish the most and now as an adult looking back I can’t help but laugh when I think about those things. Just remember though, the way to a girls heart is lots of hugs and kisses. Your dad did learn that later in life and I love him for that!
Eventually he moved far away when we were in the 5th grade and we never saw or spoke to one another for many years, over ten years to be exact. Everything in life happens for a reason, he and I had lived two very different lives. We both experienced many different things, good and bad. I think that every little thing that we went through without each other happened just to bring us together. There must have been an angel directing us in life to lead us to one another... to lead us to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment